by Emmanuel Quartey
Susan Gibbon has only been University Librarian for under a year, but she has quickly made her presence felt with a series of events and study breaks aimed at familiarizing Yalies with the resources available to them, and introducing them to the custodians of Yale’s famed collections.
In the following interview, Gibbons explains:
- How the Library is incorporating eBooks into its collection.
- What is missing from the Open Access Journal debate.
- Why Yale alums now have access to JSTOR.
- Why the Library is rethinking its website.
- How the Orbis (application that lets you search the library catalog) interface will evolve.
- The motivation for the creation of the brand new Center for Science and Social Science Information
- Why the Library is now more active on social media channels.
and lots more. Enjoy!
Interview with Susan Gibbons, PART 1.
Interview with Susan Gibbons, PART 2.
Interview with Susan Gibbons, PART 3.